Wennington Parish Council submits it Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
In accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Wennington Parish Council, as the qualifying body, has now submitted its Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Plan proposal relates to planning matters (the use and development of land) and has been prepared in accordance with the statutory requirements and processes set out in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by the Localism Act 2011) and the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012.
The Neighbourhood Development Plan proposal does not deal with county matters (mineral extraction and waste development), nationally significant infrastructure or any other matters set out in Section 61K of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The Neighbourhood Plan proposal relates to the Wennington designated neighbourhood area and to no other area. There are no other Neighbourhood Plans relating to that neighbourhood area. the following key documents were submitted to Lancaster City Council on Friday 22nd June 2018:
- Submission NDP covering letter
- Wennington Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
- Wennington NDP Consultation Statement
- Wennington NDP Response Table
- Wennington NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- Wennington SEA Screening Opinion
- Wennington HRA Screening Opinion
Background information and documents
Wennington Parish Council made a commitment in June 2016 to produce a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) covering the whole of the Parish Boundary. A Neighbourhood Planning Sub Group (NPSG) of the Parish Council was established, to lead on this important initiative, and reports to the Parish Council at each council meeting.
Lancaster City Council approved (in accordance with Part 2 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012) our neighbourhood plan designation area.
The NPSG is totally committed to ensuring that parishioners and stakeholders are kept informed and fully engage with the development of our Neighbourhood Plan. A copy of our ‘Communication and Engagement Strategy’ can be found by clicking here.
Key activities and documents:
- Community Engagement Event – February 2017
- Housing Needs Survey – June 2017
- Collection & development of the evidence base – July – September 2017
- Development of the Issues and Options document – October 2017
- Issues and Options – Comments Form
- Informal consultation, on the ‘Issues and Options’, during October and November 2017
- Issues and Options – Drop-In Event – 28th October 2017 at the Melling Institute
- Review of ‘Issues and Options’ feedback – December 2017
- Informal consultation (First Draft NDP) – 13th December 2017 – 12th January 2018
- Approval, by the Parish Council, of the 2nd Draft NDP for formal (Regulation 14) public consultation – 19th March 2018
- Formal (Regulation 14) Public Consultation – 2nd April – 25th May 2018
- Commissioned the Greater Manchester Ecology Unit (GMEU) to undertake a Biodiversity Audit within the parish – May-June 2018
Minutes of our NPSG Meetings:
If you have any views or suggestions, for how you would like to see your community develop, please let us know by using the ‘CONTACT US’ section above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents contain useful information on the process involved in developing a Neighbourhood Plan:
The following web links provide further information on the wider issue of neighbourhood planning:-