Wennington Parish Council have made a commitment to develop a Neighbourhood Plan covering the whole of the Parish Boundary. A Neighbourhood Planning Sub Group (NPSG) of the Parish Council has been established, to lead on this important initiative, which reports to the Parish Council at each council meeting.
Lancaster City Council have approved (in accordance with Part 2 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012) our neighbourhood plan designation area.
The NPSG is totally committed to ensuring that parishioners and stakeholders are kept informed and fully engage with the development of our Neighbourhood Plan. A copy of our ‘Communication and Engagement Strategy’ can be found by clicking here.
Progress to date:
- Community Engagement Event – February 2017
- Housing Needs Survey – June 2017
- Collection & development of the evidence base – July-September 2017
- Development of the Issues and Options document – October 2017
- Issues and Options – Comments Form
- Please print, complete and return the Comments Form by Monday 13th November 2017
- Informal Consultation Event – 28th October 2017
- Melling Institute, 10am until 3pm
Here are a few photo’s from our first Community Engagement Event‘ held on Saturday 18th February 2017:
If you have any views or suggestions, for how you would like to see your community develop, please let us know by using the ‘CONTACT US’ section above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of our Meetings:
The following documents contain useful information on the process involved in developing a Neighbourhood Plan:
The following web links provide further information on the wider issue of neighbourhood planning:-